View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #29
THE DARKHORSE

You are a funny man...I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Lol so I guess you lost your bet with sharon? Gotta love a fresh dosage of sodium chloride from a fellow fisherperson.

After taking a look at the close interval, thumping surf (for the launch anyway)---I thought aloud saying that Sharonkayak wasn't going to make it out. Unfortunately, she was in ear shot when I said it. The truth is I wasn't man enough to shake lady-luck's hand when she wanted to take me up on the bet .

I know she made it out unscathed, but who knows how she landed---I'm guessing salty and wet from head to toe.

The Hobie Pro Angler handled the messy conditions with ease; going in and coming out. I've never rolled the Prangler or came close for that matter. And the last time I rolled a Hobie (Outback, Revolution, or Pro Angler) was a few years ago shortly after my switch to the Ferrari of kayaks. I've only rolled a Hobie kayak once; it was in the dark, going out---but, that's before I used the pedals going through the surf. That never would have happened if I was using pedals at the time.

After writing this, though, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.