View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
lamb

La Jolla 9/14 AMs

Lamb crew looking for lamb - Tupperware edition series…

Launched at gray… Greenies still super thick by the Pier. Loaded up, then hung out up north till 8:00AM for nada.

Headed down South into steady 8ish mph South wind, pain in the neck. Very few yakkers and a maybe 10 or so boats.

Another uneventful gray day at LJ, it seemed until 9:45AM. We were down South inside of NW corner, deep in what would have been that horseshoe kelp last year, 65-70 ft… We were commenting how it seems like LJ is cooling off, how summer is over… :cry:

Then it was like someone had turned the friken switch on…

Jasmin with an opener:

My first spit the hook 30 secs in to the fight…

Then I boated 12#...

That handful of PBers have moved in on us, and they all started hooking up… No size though - the 2 bigger fish Jasmin landed were the biggest I saw. Around 11:00AM, we started heading back - PBers were still hooking up.

Definitely Jasmin’s day (mo fo)… He went 3 for 3 – 8#, 14# and 15#.... Lamb killa… 8)

In my quest of finding that 65# halibut, I’ve been giving a tour of LJ to my 1 lb of led.

At around ½, I finally got a nice bite on the bottom in 75 ft… I know what it wasn’t, but you tell me what it was…

The other side…

Close-up…

Came back over the same spot… Got snagged on the bottom and broke off… Quickly put together 2 trebbles in trap rig… The 3rd drift, I’m on… Feels heavy, some headshakes… I may have lifted it up 10 ft, then my main freaking PowerPro 30# spectra snaps maybe 20 ft under my kayak… :cry: