Thread: MALIBU /TOPANGA
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
AquaticHunter

I laugh cause I've been there. Launched at Dume today like an expert. Punched right through the waves like I was meant to do this with a packed beach watching me probably waiting for me to bail. I dissapointed them.

Fished deep (450') and with the new 2 pound sinker, caught 6 rockfish in less than 30 minutes. The current was wicked though and got tired of paddling hard to stay in one spot so I headed back. I was going to fish shallow near the reef but the current was too strong. It looked like a river in the shallow areas.

Tied everything down for the landing and went for it after letting the 4th wave go under me. O SH*T there's a 5th! I paddle for my life but it catches me and I'm sideways and now I'm swimming in 6' of water. Got the kayak turned upright and swim/push it to shore. Funny part was even though there were tons of people watching me flounder in the water, no one helped as I approached the shore. 20' from the shoreline the bow of my kayak was nearly on dry sand but I still was in too deep of water to stand. They just stood there watching me. Whatever. I didn't need the help. Just seemed strange. Usually people want to help or at least want to see if you caught anything..

Section 25. The people shall have the right to fish upon and from
the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof...
AquaticHunter is offline   Reply With Quote