View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #79
robmandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I just paid my remaining balance.....
What are some of the non-fishing gear odds and ends that the 2.5 day veterans take on these trips?
some guys bring lots of $1 bills. and no it's not for the strippers but triple nipple. the islander has everything BUT strippers, unless shane and john have "upgraded" the accomodations. maybe that should be an OEX thing

seriously, if you do it right, meaning on your ass in the yak all day with a short break for lunch, you'll be too beat for anything else. maybe a book, or an ipod or something. if sleeping on a boat is a problem, and for some it is (noise), bring soft foam earplugs. maybe some advil or aspirin. I mean, you will probably be in your yak for over a dozen hours each day. I'm no spring chicken anymore. I'll be sore as hell.

I'd recommend of course battery chargers and backup batteries for VHF, etc. that's fishing perhaps, but kinda helpful.

towels, soap, toothbrush, all that personal hygiene crap that I don't care about dude, you're fishing!!

the other thing that I would recommend is snacks. yeah, they feed you great for sure, but I always pack a bunch of granola bars, crackers (those things kids put in their lunches. the orange crackers with the cheese or peanut butter, in wrapped packs of 6), maybe some fruit, and powerade. sometimes you need that carb/sugar boost and something to drink.

bring a few changes of socks and underwear. other thing, bring a variety of clothing, stuff you can layer. and yes, even a fairly warm jacket for night. jsut remember, you can leave anything on the boat, even go back for it if necessary. better to bring and not need than not have. that applies to gear as well. bring the extra jig stick or bass rod, or whatever. if you don't use it, big deal.
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote