View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #26
taggermike

You can't fix stupid. I was at the CP last summer with my kids, just strolling along like a out of towner and encountered these kooks. I acted like I was naive to the whole ugly situation and let her go through her speel. It was rediculous but funny too. She told me the seals had been pupping on the this beach for thousands of years. I said I though the CP was man made and not that old. Didn't get a response to that. I pointed out, that too the best of my knowledge, very few if any pinnipeds ever bread on the mainland beaches in California. I got "that look", you know the poor-you-foolish-person look. I pointed out to her the grizzly bear on the California flag handily flying near by. She had no idea grizzlys used to roam the beaches of CA. I said her NO pinniped would ever drop a pup any where a bear had access to. They would pup on the islands or coastal rocks. Gotta love the angry look I got back. Most/all of these folks have absolutely zero knowledge of biology, ecology, or history but they sure had plenty of people listening to thier bs. MIke
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote