Thread: 8/23 Wed AM
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 07:40 AM   #12
vellocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud9
Beautiful video Nelz, that's great camera work.

"Keeping a bend in the rod" is not easy to learn for the newbies. When my wife is reeling something in, there are moments where I just can't watch :shock: !

Skip will be hooked on fishing in no time!

btw We are hitting the reefs early tomorrow!
the video is shot with my digital camera..Sony dsc-T5.. i'm surprised at the quality and audio from such a tiny little camera.. the video was bumped way down in resolution too, the original file was like 100mb and the quality looked insane.. awesome slow motion too.. such great technology we enjoy these days!

yeah, Skipp's been scolded by me a few times.. he's caught a couple before this trip a couple years ago, and survived a few cold winter yoyo skunks....so yeah he's hooked now..
watching it i felt bad i yelled at him so much.. but yeah, oh a few times i could not bare to watch all the slack line he offered the fish... with straight spectra, minimal stretch, slack line is a bad thing.. especially when he'd pump too vertical and not wind down enough..
he did pull the hook on one but it had such a wierd hookset i felt it was bound to happen.. the fish took the clicker, then swam with us for a bit as i tried to gently pick up the slack before setting the hook... it wasn't those screaming clickers that i love setting the hook on..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote