Thread: Fred hall
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
robmandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaknewb View Post
So i have never been and am planing to go. Can you pic up lures and plastics there or are the jus showing you what they have at there store?
fred hall is a mixed bag.

it's not a swap meet so don't expect tons of great deals. somethings like kayaks (hint, hint ) there will be. if you are looking for one, there's some killer packages and what not. boats too. right now, the economy being what it is, boat dealers will pretty much be giving them away. lots of vendors will offer show specials and they're better than otherwise, but don't expect 1/2 avet's or anything. will be some vendor closeouts and overstock stuff. Big-5 will always run some good deals, as does turners. it's one of those "if you're in the market" things, then it is the best time to buy since you were going to anyways. usually there's some tie-ins with vendors and manufacturers, like berkeley gulp stuff.

probably best time to books trips, to meet the crews and get tons of info. great seminars and the new product showcases are cool.

I stock up on lead heads and plastics and such. best time to do that. there's a big booth somewhere in the middle, a few tables all laid out full of lead. can't be beat.

a couple of other booths will have lots of low priced tackle and odds and ends, pliers, knives, etc. good stuff for beginners, backups, and throw in the back of the car things.

always a time for me to meet up with friends I haven't seen in a while, BS a bit, all that. I bring the kids, get them excited to fish.

grab plenty of stickers, and anything else you can grab for free.
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote