View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
let your friends rent or buy one themselves. if they really like to fish or want to kayak, then it will be a really easy decision on their end to do so.

aren't you a member of this forum for a reason? to find others who want to do the same thing as yourself to fish from a kayak? i have friends who like to fish, but don't have kayaks. i always encourage them to buy one so that we can go out together; they haven't bought one.

and who gets to clean up after them? do they help or do they just say thanks for the trip and go home? when i get back i am pretty beat and not feeling like cleaning up one, let alone two.

like they say, the thought is what counts; so nice thought, but use your money on something else.

my .02 worth
He has a good point.

I have an extra yak that I have offered up for my friends to use to go hooping so many times and it has never happened. They are always so into it, and then they never go. It is a tandem that I got for the wife and I years ago, and then when my buddy showed me I could fish and hoop off of a kayak. Then after fishing that for a while I am on my third different kayak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post

I hate fighting myself...
I hear that. What you could do is buy a different yak from what you have, rig it up different and see if you like it. Then sell the one you like least. Sounds like a good time to me!