View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Dorado, you have got me thinking. I know, that this is a dangerous thing, but I have an idea. I will try to reach out to the ranger who has been hired to patrol the CP. One of the first questions I will ask is what her position will be about kayak launching on that beach.

Last year, I spoke to one of the Lifeguard brass who was hanging out at the CP one day. I asked him if there was any regulation what would prohibit kayak launching and landing at the CP. He told me that to his knowledge there were no City regulations against this activity.

I do not think that it would be useful to do any kind of really provocative action but if the new ranger says that it is OK, I think that some of us should start making a habit of launching and landing at the CP. Over time our presence could become a common sight which may reduce the noise from the FOS folks.

If I read the maps correctly, the western boundary of newly adopted MLPA closures end very close CP so it would be a really reasonable place to start using as a launch point.

I should warn anyone considering this that it will be much tougher to do get your gear to the CP than some other locations. Parking is always a bitch and you would have to wheel your gear up and down a steep rough ramp.

Thanks for the idea Dorado. I will check back in when I have something to talk about.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote