View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podaker View Post
whatever you do don't laminate your license!!! it will melt the ink, then it will cost you an extra $13 for a duplicate license.

Yeah as an earlier poster said heat will kill it.

I asked around and friend of mine with a DFG connection told me that a laminated license technically is considered altered, or manipulated, and that is against the rules. Once issued you can't legally alter your license. That even if it's not heat laminated (which would destroy this paper) that anything that alters the material of the license itself, or attaches to it's surface in a permanent fashion could be considered a violation. So even something as benign taping it with clear tape might cause an issue with a warden.

The beauty of the food saver bag is the license looks, feels, and is protected just as if it was laminated but there is no heat transfer, or damage, and it does not alter the license. It's not permanently attached to it's surface, so if push came to shove you could open the bag and pull the unaltered license out to prove your not in violation, for a warden that just wants to be an ass about it.

In other words there are no rules against storing the license in a heat sealed, air and water tight, vacuum fit to the license plastic bag, that makes the license appear laminated. Even though lamination of the license itself could be considered against the rules

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote