View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
Dennis

LJ 7/14 BLOCK, see my ugly knot works

Decided to go for a quick run this morning.. Especially after yesterday evenings F-up. Got to the launch @ 0430. Small waves, no wind, warm water. Ran to the pier for two tubes full of greenies, and made my way to the grounds a little after light... I pinned on a greenie for the ride, but no one wanted him. There was a huge bait ball right outside of the hotel, and I saw Art paddling for them. I was too far, so I stayed put. I soaked a bait, while I threw out the Jimi and let it sink... HOOK UP.. Brought up a linga, nothing BIG but fun.

I thought I might as well set up a rig for some bottom fishin'. I drop the Jimi down to the bottom, crank it 5 times, and set the rod in the holder. Jimi comes over and tells me, "This I my favorite Spot to fish". We talk for a little bit... Then I start to feel heavy tuggin' on my right side. I look over my shoulder and see my rod thumpin'... I swore I had it in free spool with the clicker on but nope. It took sometime until I finally got the rod out of the holder... FISH ON! I start cranking only to notice that my drags weren't working. The fish ran hard. I was thinking to myself, "How am I going to get this fish up without any drags.. :x .." So, I did a fisherman NO-NO... thumbed the spool.. I started short pumping and gaining line, but it ran.. I started to feel my reel loosen from the clamps (like what happened during the Dec. Bite).. GREAT! WHAT ELSE!! Got some line, saw the leader, and finally color... 25# model. Jimi, thanks for the pics and jig.