Thread: cold feet?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_rookie View Post
I can easily get cold, and was thinking of getting breathable waders - but after reading this from Jim Sammons: http://kayak4fish.com/press/WinterKa...hing0204.shtml

from his article:
"I consider waders an option for bays or lake fishing only; I would never wear waders in a surf zone. The force of the waves is so strong that it will force water into the waders, which can cause you some real problems as you try to swim into shore. "

So I was thinking dive booties? something to keep my feet warm after they get wet from the launch. Or just man up and ignore the cold.
Normally I'm not a chicken when it comes to water, but I hate being cold. I always seem to wear too much going out on the bay. I haven't surf launched yet. I wear booties all the time because I like the warmth they provide. While in the bay I have been wearing some cheap waders that I picked up at Big 5, they cost me $12 and are warm for what I'm using them for. That's what I have been using lately to keep costs down. I think when the time comes I'll do as many have suggested with the pants, belt, and jackets. Most of all you need to be comfortable. As I have learned with wearing too much, you also get too hot and fast.

About the video that Jim put on Youtube about the waders, that right there is great information. Keep that in mind.

Last edited by Jimmyz123; 11-15-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote