View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
Razorback

Boners & Scandinavian Swimmer Rescue

Boners hit the Sabiki.
Boners hit the 20# F/L.
Boners raked the baits and robbed all the mackies I made at the pier.
Thought I was at a Vegas strip club with all the boners flying around.

Shoulda loaded up @ the pier - thought 8 was enuff. While you and Arne were shooting the breeze I was trying to load up again on the popping greenbacks. Made enough to supply Brad's lobster traps for the entire season. Paddled out farther SW and couldn't buy a zing. Heard the Sporties briefly hooting - n - hoolering - then they made a move close inshore and South. Slow trolled back to the canyon and strolled my way home with a empty game clip.

As I am winding in at the Northern Can - a late 50ish Sweedish swimmer waves in distress. I reel up, flick off the mackie and paddle over. She looked spent. Asked if I could give her a tow - the current had taken her off course and couldn't make any headway back to the Cove. "Sure - hop on my Gator Hatch". "Oh that's OK - I'll just grab your stern strap and you can drag me back." Well that Cove sure didn't look very far - but dragging a 140 lb kippered snack behind the eXtreme felt like it was 4 miles.

Dropped her off a few 100 feet from the shore and Lifeguard Larry paddled out for the handoff. She thanked me and said she owed me a massage. :roll: Well if I was only 20 years older. Passed on the rub down - but maybe the Homeguard gods will rack up a couple Karma points for me.

Peace - Out

Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote