View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #10
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

it's all cool, it's good to see these kinds of discussions on something that, after all, belongs to all of us. We all use it.

Yani, yeah I could use some Drachmas, I will PM you my address. I hear Greece economy is booming.

I don't think it's a good idea to be collecting any $$ on Moyer's tourney. If you got some extra dough, please donate to the cause. The people that will use it need that $$ much more than we all need a silly webcam.

The cost is a big consideration. It's a great to know that BWE community would be willing to support future upgrades. OEX / Kayak Fishing Supplies picked up the tab with the initial cost and monthly Internet service fees. That was nicely spent marketing money with on-going value for the community. That was back at the time where business was much better. It would be tougher now to shove up a couple of K.

Maybe we can just upgrade the web server - camera itself doesn't matter that much. I will look into it.

Another thing that is really throwing a limitation is a speed of our Internet connection there. It would be nice if we can get something beefier than a business cable. But again, that would be more $$$.

My mom said it the best... America, beautiful, and expensive place - 100 meters, 100 dollars.