View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #18
JoeBeck

Skunk

I was actually going to write a Skunk report but instead will reply to this one .

Went out solo Friday off bigrock, got plenty of bait but skunked. Not sure what I think about launching there, love that I can fish right away, but can get a little crazy coming in .

Saturday my wife, brother (in from Sac) and I fished north of the pier for halibut. Got plenty of those extra large macs along with some good candy-bars. Skunk, Skunk, Skunk. Well I caught a huge stingray but still consider that a Skunk.

So I have been Skunked pretty good since June 19 when I caught a good sized halibut off my friends private boat. I have not got much time on the water with work and training for endurance events, but plenty of opportunities to ask myself what is going on? So I decided not to read reports from here because who wants to read about fish being caught when your going out and getting Skunked, or not having time to fish, Not me . I do get jealous but don't get me wrong I am happy for every success story and should comment on them since I like getting comments to my post . Great job Wade! and great job Dave! Nice fish indeed. (Post I've sneaked peaks at lately)

Now Back to Saturday which made me think about writing a skunk report because we were not done after the Halibut fishing in the morning. No, we finished fishing, went home had lunch, packed our bags headed to H&M to board a day and 1/2 tuna trip. I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong. I think this every time I have a stinky skunk on my boat. I then go on a guided trip or sports-fishing boat. Confirms that it seems I have similar knowledge as the people catching fish....... Still 1 day and 1/2 again SKUNK SKUNK SKUNK! all three of us, actually the whole boat except 2 lucky anglers who got 1 albacore each. 2 albacore for the whole boat, no other fish, in the middle of August .

I'd be liar though if I said I didn't have a great time fishing 3 consecutive sunny days. Yes I hate being skunked, not catching fish but I sure do love being out on the water . Tight lines soon.... Gotta keep at it, better on the water than behind a keyboard.

Last edited by JoeBeck; 08-23-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Typos
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote