View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 06:19 AM   #11
j mo

they have always been around...

GW's have always been around. Every year there are reports on the spearboards of GW sightings. In 09 a 150 lb pup was caught off LJ by a fly fisherman ( who happened to be targeting sharks). They have caught massive adults of Blacks and Little Waimea over the last decade and have taken up permanent residence in N County too.

They have always been "around", shark week heightens fear as does the ability to post a report or image on a social networking sight and get your account broadcast to the world and whip up the fear. As much as I’d like Children’s Pool back, I don’t think that’s going to impact the shark population much.

But while we are on the subject of scary La Jolla shark tales, The tale of poor Robert Pamperin is my favorite.

Robert Pamperin (33) Killed while freediving for abalone in La Jolla Cove by what is estimated to be a 20-foot (6 m) plus length Great White. His body was not recovered, and witnesses described him being swallowed whole, feet-first
If you think about it the tax man could just eat you off you kayak like an oyster shooter, feet-first

Here is the whole account: http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.pamperin/33/mb.ashx

Last edited by j mo; 08-18-2010 at 07:08 AM.
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote