View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #19
Useful Idiot

Great trip, we'll be doing more of em next year for sure.

Quick report- I started out trolling one high, one low live squid and picked off a few bass around the kelp. Did a little dropper looping and heavy iron for some more bass and a treefish on the iron and power drifted by Brad in the kelp as he was exploiting a hole in the kelp bed. Came out of the other side of the kelp and started trolling across Pyramid Cove. I was in 90ft when I heard Chris and Brad talking up 120 so I swung it that way and sure enough right at 125 got picked up on a straight flylined squid. Turned out to be one of the smaller fish, right around 20lbs but man did that fish pull. Good times. Not much else happening for me until around 5 o'clock or so when I got absolutely freight trained close to the Islander at the last stop of the day. Broke that one off and had another similar experience with a hook pull in the same area. Freedivers were seeing a lot of seabass in the area but I'll never know...

Awesome trip, stay tuned for next year's dates, I encourage everybody to get on one of these things at least once. Hard to beat an experience like this.
-Brian