View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikrash View Post
damn i wanna see those arcs!

sometimes (ok , most of the time...) I peddle around all day look'in for those things!

I had that sonar in the past, it's the same as just about everyother H-bird but with a larger screen....it's a decent unit but lacks the uni-map gps software.

The settings are real simple on those units... to get to the advanced menu hit menu twice. Make sure it is set to saltwater, turn both transducer frequencies on, and turn the fish ID off. Turn all the alarms off.

If you hit view twice it will take you to the split screen for the two sonar frequencies. Sometimes there will be alot of bait or clutter on the screen and usually one of the frequencies will be much clearer allowing you to pick out larger fish and heavier bait concentrations.

There are also a few filters for bottom or surface clutter but I don't mess with those too much and leave them off. Read the manual and play with the settings while on the water with some bait soaking.

Oh, and don't reley soley on your FF, while it is a usefull tool, if the screen is blank and you get the weird feeling in the pit of your stomach, fish the area!!

-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote