View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
PaddleHP
Scampi

Yeah, seasickness pills get me drowsy too. Bonine is like Dramamine, but gets (at least me less drowsy), but with Bonine and Dramamine you have to take it an hour or 2 prior to feeling sick (or hitting the water).
I generally keep this stuff with me, Motion Eaze, it it natural herbs and flower oils (like lavender and camomille) and place it behind each ear at first signs of seasickness, and doesn't get you drowsy at all. It works for me about 80 to 90% of the time, the other 10 or 20% I pop in a Bonine, and hope that the Motion Eaze re-applications can hold me off till the Bonine kicks in. Been using this technique for years and it pretty much works. Although, I don't get seasick that often but usually have to use just the Motion Eaze about 3-4 times a year.
Also, I have given the Motion Eaze to several other people on cruise boats, other cattle boats and etc... and they always have seen improvemnts or total relief.
http://www.motioneaze.com/ PS. I have never seen Motion Eaze in a drug store like Savon, or Rite Aid only on Tackle shops like Squidco or West Marine sells it too.
Good luck. It's sucks not being able to fish due to conditions. But I ditto, if you hook up and start catching that adrenaline or whatever gets rid of the seasickness.
PaddleHP is offline   Reply With Quote