View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
I have a few "rookie" question:

How/ why do people loose a drive from their kayak? Don't you remove and strap it down before landing?

Are float bags ever used inside a Sit on top kayak?

Are there any ways of protecting the hull/ keel of a kayak from abrasion?

How do you pee (do you?)while fishing in a kayak? (seriously...)

Is there a protected launch for LJ, even if it requires a longer paddle?

Thanks to all for your anticipated help. Matt
Your first question is a good one. I have no clue why people keep losing stuff. I have not yet lost anything and know that I am supposed to leash or stow the things I do not want to donate to Davey Jones. My day will certainly come. Sometimes we just get lazy and fail to do what we know we should.

There is a lengthy thread that you can search for in this forum discussing the subject of methods which can be used to make a kayak more buoyant.

No comment from me on the abrasion protection issue. I do not consider it to be much of a problem.

As for the pee-ing question, most people just make due the best they can. My latest solution is some zippered waders.

The launch at the shores is as protected as it gets around here. The Children's Pool would be a great protected launch site but it seems that our City Government has decided that a bunch of seals are more important than the people who pay their salary. (Don't get me started on this one.)

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote