Thread: avet sx
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #38
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Yeah, I've had a hard time removing the drive shaft bearings and even the brake bearing. Fortunately, the home made bearing removal tool that Alan Tani recommends works great. It just takes a sheet load of force sometimes.

I also follow Tani's advice and grease the washers. I really didn't notice any difference in performance, but now there is zero corrosion around the washer. Before using grease, there used to be small specks of corrosion at the edge of the glued-on washer where it meets the spool.
I can't for the life of me get the drive shaft bearing out. I had to have Anglers Center send my last two out reels out - my SX and MXL. Where can I find this tool? It would save me $55.00.

Do you think the Penn Reel grease will work? And, just a small amount on the spool side? Is this where the spool meets the back side of the frame, because there are bearings there too? I'll give it a shot. Let me know if the Penn grease will work (don't see why it wouldn't?). I don't usually go with the manufactures recommendations, but if everyone is saying "Grease-em" then I'll give it a try. Thanks

Last edited by WahooUSMA; 06-12-2010 at 05:47 AM. Reason: verbage
WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote