Thread: avet sx
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #30
fknricter

ive got a few avets myself, love them so far! ive torn them all down myself. its pretty easy! and with all my reels, i "paint" all the inner surfaces with a light coat of grease, this help the water run off the surfaces and not have a chance to dry and leave salt deposits. i also remove the shields from the spool bearings, clean out the grease and add oil. for some reason the spool bearings have 1 side shielded and the other open. with both sides open, the water cant get stuck in there. + you gain freespool(which can be bad if your thumb isnt ready for it) oil may not stay in there as long as grease but it only takes 3 screws to access them. so far i own an sx, mxj, and jx, and just won an sx mc! love them all so far! take them on kayak with no guming issues that i could tell, and always stow them away when landing just incase i dump and lose them..
as for the mc or non mc ?. the only downside to the mc i saw, was you lose a little bit of distance, depending on what youre doing, and for me personally, if i were fishing the mc reel, then grab the non-mc one and make a cast, i would forget that i have to thumb it and birdsnest. thats it..
fknricter is offline   Reply With Quote