View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
Billy V

Revolution all the way.

- Larger front hatch with easy access.
- Faster than the outback, tracks better, paddles much better, Not affected by wind like the outback.
- Easier to deal with a big fish hook-up. You can hang your legs over the sides for extra stability, comfort, additional drag, and directional control.
- Much easier surf launch and landings.
- Easier to lift and load overhead on truck racks. It has perfect balance from the grab handles - just snatch it up from the ground and it will balance directly overhead with ease. (the Adventure is the same way, but not the outback.)
- A Revo with the $22 Sailing Rudder will turn on a dime.
- Turbo Finns are a must have on either kayak - it makes all of them more efficient.

Don't be fooled into thinking the outback has a large margin of stability, or buoyancy over the Revolution, or that it is a dryer boat.
-When the wind is up the outback gets affected much more. It feels like a top, and is more difficult to hold a course.
The Revo slices through.

The fact is that ALL Hobies are very stable.
Remember.... when those finns are in the downward position you effectively have a deep keel in the water like a sailboat, the rudder also adds stability....and if you add the huge sailing rudder its overkill.
Its difficult to flip over a Revo, I have tried a few times.

Take a close look before you buy -

I fished Mission Bay Yesterday, and Today on the Revo. I must have covered 15 miles of coastline effortlessly.
--I also want to know why OEX was not BBQing Burgers Saturday.

Last edited by Billy V; 05-31-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote