Thread: Pro Angler Post
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Aaron

Hey Kurt,

Great post! I was the guy in the grey Malibu that landed a bit after you. It was a bit rough and after paddling and hanging out in the 120-140' range for a little better than an hour, decided to tuck in a bit closer to the kelp. I got nailed once, line peeling for a solid 5 count, counted to 20, threw it in gear and nada. Bait was destroyed, but didn't stick. Saw a mysterious blue hobie kayak hook up right in front of me, literally...about 50-100 yards off my bow...on birds working in the area. Looked like a nice fish.

I'd love to get my hands on a hobie. I float tube a lot during the summer in the Sierra and its just a natural thing to move with your feet and fish with your hands. Someday when I have a little extra cash I'll buy one and just have 2 boats. That would help get my wife out there anyways!

My name is Aaron btw. I'll introduce myself properly next time. I'll be down there this aft though swell forecast looks like that may be a bit of an adventure. Congrats on the fish!

btw...anyone lose a hat yesterday? I found it in the water somewhat near a sporty so it may have been someone on there but there were also a few kayak guys in the area too. Lemme know.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote