Thread: 5/28 LJ
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #1
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

5/28 LJ

A first for me. I have never gotten to LJ and not launched. I got to the launch around 5 am. Looked at the sets and thought it was doable. By the time I was ready to launch it was looking ugly. The surf was slightly smaller than thursday night but with a much shorter interval. I waded out and started paddling when I saw a lull and then saw some huge sets coming so I had to abort. I didn't get dumped but I jumped out in about 3.5' of water. Shot the chit with some of the other guys on the beach. We saw a fnd make it out clean through what was about the only good lull I saw. The sets were breaking way outside, and these were "dream enders" as someone else phrased it. By 7am it was definetly launchable but by that point I had already thrown in the towel and decided I was going home and back to sleep. In the end I was at the beach from about 5-7:30 am. I saw 2 people launch and make it, although the guy that launched later had much easier surf to deal with. I saw a tandem with a father son combo get dumped trying and they threw in the towel after that. When I left at 7:30 it looked like everyone else was finally getting ready to launch as it had calmed down enough, but there were still some scary sets.

Lots of pics since I was sitting on the beach for almost 2.5 hours this morning.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote