View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

5/13PM buttermilk....

Got a friend to cover the end of my day at work and launched about 4 PM. Only 1/2 dozen yaks out there. Small surf and 10 kts of wind. Current looked weak and uphill. Trolled a sabiki and swimbait. About 4:30, north of Childrens pool, a spot of big YT came up in front of me. As I closed in on em bait started galloping right at me. They fizzled out and disappeared. Shortly after continuing out to the spot, I finally picked up a couple greenbacks. Put one high and one low. Started soaking them and tossing an iron, the flyliner goes off and a fish quickly buries me in the kelp. Finally feel the kelp break and coming up, but the fish is gone. Around 6 my flylined 1 pounder greenback goes singing. Thought it was a YT for a bit, it ran down into the kelp and I popped it out and it ran hard again. did not want to let it hang up again, started thumbing the spool and short stroking it up. Croaker! serious heart pounding "come to papa" followed by an easy gaff. Decided to finish the evening in deeper water, looking for the YT. Alot of barely cudas, bumping the iron and following with a few sticking all the way to the boat only to shake off while I tried to capture a pic for the ironman, had a jumbo spanish that shook off the jig before picture time. Saw one other WSB caught in a little deeper water on a Yozuri plug. Winds died to a light SW breeze and the sun was shining down upon me 8) ...................stoked.

Vitalli thank you for the picture.