View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #9
bentrod1

Keep 'em coming!

I am in no way trying to kill this post as I'm getting so much great info from you guys...as usual, but thank you all for your posts. I'm still researching ideas.

Dsafety, I like the Aussie's idea but will give you credit anyway. How are you securing the transducer to the hull?

I was thinking of using insulation foam to build a well but am now thinking of using that well secured with A and B 2 part epoxy putty then for added insulation and stabilization spraying the foam around the base of the plastic reservoir.

You've all probably seen this foam displayed at any H.D. or Lowe's. It's used for new window/door installs. I have to see how it will adhere to the yak. Since the foam is used on vinyl windows I think it should work well.?

FYI - I have the Hummingbird 160 PT (portable - never used it). Seems like a cool set up so far. The case houses all but the transducer. $129 at BPS. A nice little gift from the Mrs. I wonder if she knows that my Fathers Day gift (kayak) and Christmas gifts (rod, lures, line, fish finder) means she'll be seeing a lot less of me? Or maybe that's the plan? Either way....

Thanks for all your ideas and research!
bentrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote