View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

My FF just crapped out. It was still under warranty so I returned it to West Marine and exchanged it for a new one. (See another recent thread for more on this).

When I removed the old gooped in transducer today, I was really surprised to see that the entire surface that was supposed to be in contact with the plastic was covered with bubbles. I was really careful to avoid any bubbles when I installed this transducer.I followed the excepted procedure perfectly. Somehow I must have messed up. After looking at all the bubbles, I am surprised that the thing worked at all, let alone for two years.

While I am technically no longer a rookie, I have to say that just like Bentrod, I could use some good advise on installing the transducer on my new unit so I can avoid the bubble problem. Is the foam and water method a better way to go? Is there another better method?

Sloberdog, if you know of a link that demonstrates the installation method that you used, please post. If this method is used, will the transducer stay in place when transporting or storing the kayak upside down?

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote