View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #72
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
You are right; this wasn't the last meeting. The last meeting was back on November 10th. The MLPA meetings were the venue for input on this process. This is just trying to get the Fish and Game Commission to do what it hasn't done in the two previous rounds; reverse the BRTF recommendations. I don't mean to undermine our side. I am just pointing out the fact that greater participation during the actual process might have been more effective than trying to get the F&G Commission to reverse the BRTF's decision. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just looking at their past performance and trying to predict what is going to happen. Either way, it isn't going to stop me from attending the meetings. I never expected an outcome other than what we are stuck with right now. That didn't stop me from attending the meetings and speaking my mind. I don't mind tilting at windmills and I will fight for something I believe in, even if the odds appear insurmountable. To do otherwise would be, as you say, WEAK
I didn't mean to rattle ya buddy, my bad. But just because the DFG accepted the maps the BRTF put forward last coupla times doesn't mean it will be the same this time... especially given the recent allocations put forth to the BRFT.

That said, I feel these final meetings may be the most important meetings of all. Everything before now was simply smoke being blown up your bass. The DFG has the final say. Send those emails. Tell your friends to send emails. Tell them to tell their friends to send emails. The enviros sure as hell are sending them.

The fight is far from over. Dissention among the ranks and old news is bad for buisness. Its gonna be at least 1 year before we get any decision imo. Concentrate on the next meeting.

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote