View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #50
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Quote:
I was shocked none the less, but looking around, it did seem true. If everyone could commit to one of these meeting I think it would really make a huge difference. If there had been 1000 kayakers there today instead of 100 it would have been a major impact. Hell, if there had been over 1000 sport fishermen it could have been a pretty powerful room.

I am def going to the next ones... its something you shouldn't miss, even just go sit there, you'll learn something. thanks for everyone who got a chance to speak...

Unfortunately, it is a little bit too late for that revelation. We could have used the 1000 kayak anglers early in the process when it might have made a difference. Coming to the LAST meeting and saying, "Gee, more fishermen should come to these things" doesn't do us much good now. We needed that at every step throughout this process.
Glad you could make it to the meeting. At least you can tell your kids how a mix of corrupt politics and indifference resulted in permanent closures of our most productive fishing grounds.