Thread: C Bad 11-14
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 06:18 AM   #19
j mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm View Post
j mo, great pics. I've been talking to my daughter about going out, but she'll only do it in a bay. I'm in the Carlsbad area but never thought about fishing in this spot. did you guys launch at the Y?
It was our first time there. We drove up the road east onTamarack and worked our way along the shore and found, "Dog Beach" wheels would be helpful as you have about 300yds to the sand. Placid as can be and one of the driest sessions ever. I met a couple other Kaykers who launched from there the following morning, seems like a good spot to put in. I was told smelt are WFO so nextime ill bring the sabiki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
Not too be a Debbie downer, but it looks like you guys went into the front lagoon next to PCH. That is a clam farm, white sea bass hatchery and where they draw water for the power plant. If caught in there you will get a hefty fine. The middle lagoon is awesome for the kids .
Thanks for the heads up, curiosity got the best of us as we wanted to shoot the trestle w the outgoing tide. It's pretty awesome what they do over at aquaculture. But a hefty fine would spoil our morning pretty quick.

thx!
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote