View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
Flatinfifth

Decision

Well it's happened. Exactly what I was afraid of, has come to pass. The end result of a state governmental structure that has without hesitation moved towards a dictatorship of the mindless masses. We, those that cherish freedom were asleep at the switch years ago. They snuck up on us and before we knew it, they were dictating what we should do because "they know better". Never mind that their scientific "data" is non-existent and that which is presented is the product of junk science (see the similarity with Mr. Gore's movement?). It's big government and state-guided "goodness" at its finest; ramrodding their political ideology and beliefs down the throats of non-vocal yet kind and good citizens. The beginning of a statist cult is in the making. The People's Republic of California......

I'm afraid that the state is lost. The demographics combined with a complete and thorough dumbing down of the masses has led to a constituency that is easily led.........just promise them games in the arena and free bread (can you say welfare, food stamps, etc.??) Those in charge today of the state's political aren are the most clearly defined example of a corrupt "people's republic" that I have seen to date in this country.

What do we do now?? Pitch forks at the gates?? Rebellion at the polls?? Problem is that sportsmen and those that thrive and understand the outdoors are the minority. Just watch any shore fishing party take fish nowdays on both ocean and lake shores. Watch them..........they take EVERYTHING. Yet these people are under the radar but they represent the vast majority of those illegally harvesting massive numbers of fish. They are out in private boats as well. Those that fish often know exactly what I speak of. So sports fishermen who take but a few fish per trip (Most fishermen I know practice catch and release with perhaps the harvesting of one fish for that day's dinner), will now have to fish ............. where?????

I'll let the chips fall where they may for now. It is not a pretty outcome and sadly, the future looks even uglier. Perhaps it's time to move and this time defend another state. America was built on values and principles of virtue that are being trampled on daily by the current federal and state administrations. God help us.

Something must and will be done.
Flatinfifth is offline   Reply With Quote