View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
Fiskadoro

Believe it or not it's not over yet and I believe we can still make a difference.

It's my understanding that the BRTF now has to send all four proposals: A, B, C, and the BRTF's IPA (Integrated Preferred Alternative) on to the Fish and Game Commission and that the Fish and Game Commission will make the final decision as to what get's made into law.

My suggestion to all is to now write letters to the commissioners on the Fish and Game Commission and try to get them to make some alterations.

If I remember correctly in the Central California process they tried to stall the process and did got get any changes, and the Fish and Game Commission just went with the IPA.

In the North Central Coast process fisherman did get the Fish and Game Commission to redraw the maps. They accepted most of the IPA but they did make some changes that were beneficial to fisherman, due to direct input from the fishing community.
What I'm saying is they changed the shape of some of the reserves in the preferred alternative plan submitted by the BRTF for the North Central Coast, so there's precedence for them to do so. It can be done, it's happened before, it's definitely worth a shot.

Maybe just maybe we can still get the Fish and Game commission to move the eastern boundary of the Dume Reserve away from BKR and back to Point Dume.

That at least is what I'm going to be working on now. It might not make a bit a difference but it's definitely worth a shot in my opinion.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 11-11-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote