Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #25
THE DARKHORSE

Don't knock it until you try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO
WWJD?

"I meant to say WWJB?

What would Josh buy?"

First thoughts: Looks great! More importantly, it swims well.

The price? The price is relative. It costs more than a surface-iron, o.k., four times the price of a surface-iron. Maybe you'll catch four times more fish. Anything's possible.

My biggest concerne is if this jig will hold up to locked down drag and big Yellowtail? Then there's the annoying bi-catch: Thresher Sharks, Black Seabass, Mako Sharks and retarded Sealions to name a few. It's hard enough cutting the line on a Mako Shark with a favorite surface iron it's mouth. And that's $8...much less $30 .

I have $40 soft plastic swimbaits too, but they're for freakin' Largemouth Bass. You don't have to worry about a six pound Largemouth burrying you into a lobster pot with 15 lbs of drag. Or a 400 lb Sealion attacking your freshwater Bass.

That said, I won't knock this jig until I try it. With my current stock of irons, I'm probably not going to rush out and buy one. I'd like to see the reaction from non aggressive, free-swimming Yellowtail, though. That would be the ultimate test for me...if the newer version can really handle giant, pissed off fish.

In my opinion, it would be hard to improve on your typical surface-iron that swims well. I know my surface and yo-yo irons draw strikes. My irons even draw strikes from fish that aren't aggressively feeding.

Will this jig replace the surface-iron? We'll see.