Thread: Waders?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJ777 View Post
Any suggestions on good waders?
I use wadelites as well. Mine have held up great but I don't Hobie. I'm still on my first pair.

I prefer the waist high pants not the bib version.

They look less gay with fish next to them.

Here's the deal I bought a pair that is one size too large so I'd have a lot of room and it would let me pull the waist up high to get a good seal under my drytop. When I launch or land I tighten the belt tight and snug up the drytop to make sure I have a good seal and I have had no problems taking on water launching and landing.

My next pair I'll probably just get the right size since I have had no issues, and the waist is very high.

I wear Warner dive boots over mine two sizes too large..

I recomend boots that have a little support and a good sole otherwise you feel like your walking around in huge oversized marshmallow socks.

With the waist waders when you got to take a leak you just pull them down like regular paddle pants.

I find the problem with chest waders is not getting them down but getting the suspenders back in place afterwords especially if your wearing a dry top. I want to spend my time fishing, not playing with my clothes so the waist waders have been a good solution. With the waist highs there's no suspenders, so no problem.

One issue though. If you go with waders always wear a PFD and drytop especially when your launching and landing. My waist waders have a build in wade belt but if you get chest waders consider getting a wade belt as well. Waders are great but used wrong the can get you in trouble, safety comes first.

I have three pairs of waders. Hogdman chest high Neoprenes for hooping, Breathable zippered chest high TAC's for really cold weather, and the waist highs but I use the waist highs 90% of the time. If I had to choose one that's what I would go with.

Not cheap though...

Good luck!!

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 11-03-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote