View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
PAL

Quote:
Myself included, there are lots of guys on this board that aren't necessarily from SD. I'm assuming that its ok for us to send the letter to the SD politicians, or is it more effective for us to write the letter to the politicians closer to our home turf? (OC for me) I saw this on a few other boards, for different areas. I know lots of guys check several of the boards. Again, if we can write a letter about each specific area, and send them to the repective politicians, should we do that as well? Also, in regard to the letter we send to you for the BRTF, do you want a hard copy? If yes, where can we send it? If not, what e-mail can we send it to?
Please start with a letter addressed to the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force. Select an area near your home in the cross-hairs and comment. Those would be La Jolla, Pt Dume at Malibu, and Long Pt at Catalina. Send it to me via PM or PM me and I'll give you my email address.

Next, think about writing a beach city that will lose $$$ if a closure comes to call. Here's a list of the cities that have already taken a position. You don't need to target them unless you want to hold their feet to the fire.

Quote:
Cities and Public Officials Supporting G2*

City of Dana Point
City of Oceanside
Los Angeles Supervisor Don Knabe
City of Hermosa Beach
City of Torrance
City of Santa Barbara
City of Ventura
City of Oxnard
City of Huntington Beach
City of Manhattan Beach
City of San Clemente

Cities and Public Officials Opposing MLPA Generally*
City of Redondo Beach (City Council voted unanimously to take a position against the MLPA)

Cities and Public Officials Opposing Current Implementation of MLPA*
City of Newport Beach
City of Oceanside
Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro
City of Fort Bragg
Fish and Game Commissioner Jim Kellogg
Fish and Game Commissioner Dan Richards
ROLL CALL FOR LETTER WRITING / LOBBYING
1. PAL
2. Billy V
3. Tyler
4. Chris Fierro