View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
rippin lips

Send a message via AIM to rippin lips
Thanks for posting the pic Cris,

I was on the water @5am but for the first time I actually decided to go to the pier for bait since the last few times I've been out the kelp line has yielded no bait. Met Tom at the pier (great to meet you Tom). It only took about 15 minutes to make more than enough for the day.

I headed toward the point where everyone else was and as soon as I pass the marker I drop my bait..1 low, 1 high. It's light out by the time I pass over the canyon so I start to scan and look for some kinda sign, I was determined to get one this time as the last bundle of trips were a bust.

Paddling slow I see something surface on my port side through my periferal vision so I turn and look over to find a very big fin break the surface which definately belonged to a shark, It stayed hovering beside me about 20ft away. Freaked out and scared as hell I quadruple time it in any direction but his/hers(scripps) approx. 10 mins later the fin goes under and i am at ease (I would rather not see it coming). as I slow down I big ball of bait blip my FF and 2 seconds later my clicker starts screaming, I pick it up , put it in gear and wind the circle hook into his lip.

No sooner than the ride starts, my second clicker goes, with one hand I put it in gear, loosen the drag, turn off the clicker and let it ride while I bring the first up. It was not so easy, they start to pull in different directions so I concentrate on the heavier line fish (i'm taking 1 home today). Finally got it onboard and start to work with the other one, I get it to the surface but far away from me, goes down and pops the hook. end of story but not dissappointed "I got 1 already"

Feeling safe with no shark present I paddle over to meet the rest of the tupperware party, I figured if I join them and that shark comes around again it could take it's pick. Saw Tom and he was passed the camera for some pics...Thanks TOM and Thanks Cris for the pics, was good meeting you guys.

I am thoroughly stoked......broke in my new yak with my 1st WSB of this size. it went 37#s
rippin lips is offline   Reply With Quote