View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #13
piproto
Junior

Hello, I have just purchased Malibu Kayak's X-13 and would like to post a brief update to your review.

Malibu have removed the forward fish well and scupper in their design and the hatch now opens to the interior of the Kayak. However, this alleviates the need to install a bulkhead hatch for equipment stowage. One of the selling points that prompted my decision to buy this Kayak was the forward fish well and to say the least I was a little disappointed.

The base model comes without the flush-mount rod holders, however, if you are a little handy these are relatively easy to install. I did like the fact that it comes rigged forward and aft with bungees and the gator hatch have two additional straps (I have seen some with only two straps) on the sides standard.

While there isn't a trolley system, this leaves the option of placing the system where you want it without excess holes from unwanted placement.

Although, there is a modest amount of water leaking through the hatch, I feel that the X-13 is a solid and sexy Kayak and with the use of the seat scupper plugs provided, quite a dry ride. It tracks well, is very quick, and even for a novice such as myself, easy to turn.

All in all, the X-13 is quite lovely and I recommend it to anyone looking for a good fishing Yak.

Richard
Merritt Island, Florida

Last edited by piproto; 09-20-2009 at 01:04 PM.
piproto is offline   Reply With Quote