View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
Well, until the final maps are published, we won't know for certain. That's what they said last night. I think they really don't know any better. Make what you will of that. They certainly didn't ask for my input; I would have been happy to square them away. This is something we can address at the BRTF meeting if it comes to that, although I suggest we focus elsewhere.
I was a bit startled by the lack of focus, or knowledge of both WG3 RSG members that I spoke to while the maps were projected...they were really confused by my questions and couldn't answer them. The gentleman representing the local Native American tribes was baffled by my simple questions about what is allowed in this or that reserve, where the borders lie etc. The other guy kept pointing to Solana Beach and calling it Moonlight beach....aaaghh!!! I had to completely school him on what was what. ssooooo frustrating.

....totally no skin in the game which is unfortunate because I'm sure he shrugged and went along with whatever he was fed, much like that college kid who I watched get dressed with a blue 'mpa's work' shirt in the lobby by the girl who dragged him along. He could barely articulate his points, and talking with him after he got "dressed", he said that he was concerned about Point Dooned?!

I have much more respect for informed opposition than dribbling placeholders. We had a few on our side too that I just wanted to muzzle as well....but anyone speaking with passion and clarity really impressed me. BillyV nailed it, Djax did GREAT, Tyler killed, Kurt was spot on!, pescador Pete was the lone north county voice, and the gent trying to get the line moved in Catalina so the boy scouts could fish of the pier at their camp almost made me cry.

Is it over yet?!!? ugg.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote