Thread: First YT!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #27
THE DARKHORSE

Sorry for the thread-jack Yellowtail slayers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
I saw this bitten Dog on Sunday, he has a nice size hole on his back I was going to snap a pic, but decided not to bother.
He wasn't wearing the iron on Sunday

He looked lively yesterday, still chasing fish.
-------------------
pS Thanks for the casting lesson, please PM me a Jigstick Combo recommendation.

As far as White Sharks in the Pacific Ocean, much like Yellowtail, there's more than one. I feel like I'm on the crime show "48 Hours", where they pile up the leads before the case turns cold. The point I'm getting at, the full grown Knothead I saw with a brand new surface-iron in his lip, complete with new wounds from a White Shark was on Sunday too. I was just about to paddle out for a surf and this dog was trying to beach somewhere, anywhere, clearly in shock! He made a couple weak attempts to hop up the rocks where I was paddling out, but decided to continue to the sandy beach a little further south. Every guy surfing flew out of the lineup at the sight of the injured dog, I had it all to myself for a while.

So, this means there's two Sea Lions who managed to escape the jaws of death in La Jolla, recently. I guess the bad news is this large White Shark is still hungry .

And thanks for the casting lesson? Is this the same Billy V in quotes below from a few days ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
"I use a Shimano Baitrunner 4500 B Spinning Reel on a 7 ft. rod to throw surface iron. It will never birds nest, and casts almost as far anything else.
-Its just plain easy."

"The real advantage comes when a boil pops up and you only get 1 shot to fire it off. Point and shoot accurate, and No Birds Nest.
"

The only difference between a "casts almost as far as anything else" (7' rod) and a proper jig-stick (9'+): One of them has a fish attached to the iron before it makes it back to the boat .