View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

The end is in sight. Let's not quit now. All the good work we got done in Santa Ana got undone in the last week becuase we let up and quit becuase it wasn't convenient to show up. The only positive results we have seen have been from our massive turnout at a few key meetings. Since then people have gotten lazy and fed up with the process and we have lost momentum. We don't want all the good work we have done to be for nothing becuase we got frustrated with the process.

Since we are at the end each and every meeting is more and more final. If we don't show up now, everything may already be decided by the final meeting.

The only meetings left are two RSG sessions, and 2 BRTF meetings, and one SAT meeting. The closures go into effect in 2010 . By this time next year LJ, PV, Dana, Malibu may all be off limits, forever.

I feel betrayed by the people that make money off me fishing. I know some are working behind the scenes but I would feel better about spending my time and money on this if they showed up for public comment too. I just wish they would make their efforts more visible. I am talking about tackle shops, landings, sport boat captains, dive and kayak shops. We need everyone to show up.

Dpliska
They are not saying fishermen are destroying the kelp, but the only kelp that exists to them is the stuff that was there for 4 of the 7 non consecutive years they used for the survey. The whole science behind it is bs too. It would be great if people got up and said so.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote