Thread: LJ today
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #10
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

More info to think about
Quote:
So Cal Spearos,

This has been a very disappointing two days for me and apparently for BRTF chair Benninghoven who said he was disappointed by the complexities of the So Cal Region and by the fact that no array proposal achieved SAT guidelines.

His statement (paraphrased) is that next Monday when we begin Round 3, and that the "guidance" from the BRFT is that the primacy for array evaluation will be the score achieved by meeting SAT guidelines. Of secondary consideration is water quality and socio-economic impacts. So, the very man who got up the very first day of the process and who said publically that he wanted the economic impacts to have high priority, has fundamentally changed his position. Now, the pain of losing your best fishing hole is secondary to the almighty SAT guidelines.

On Monday, we are being assigned into 3 groups: Lapis I, Topaz, and External A. Our charge is to make each conform to SAT guidelines, which even the BRTF acknowledges is impossible to achieve for such habitat replicates as deep rock. We are free to expand our initial reserves and to use rejected reserves such as External B and External C as "libraries" from which to augment our arrays.

With socio-economic concerns relegated to secondary, the preservationists are free to expand their proposals to meet the hallowed SAT guidelines. At the end of round 3, we will advance these 3 improved arrays to the BRTF who will choose their "preferred" array. The remaining 2 along with the preferred will then be forwarded to the F&G commission for the final choice on which closures will become law.

Terry

Thank you all for your continual support at each meeting. I only wish someone was listening!
Stole this from spearboard. Terry Maas is an RSG member fighting for fishermen, just like Paul and MJ.

Here is an interesting article Terry posted on spearboard. If you read the whole thing there are lots of neat tidbits.
http://www.independent.com/news/2009...0/fight-bight/

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote