View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
If there wasn't a huge contingent of kayakers there (I know there was some for sure) there was at least a lot of sportfishers there as the landings (Newport and Dana) had people there.

One of the irksome things is the damn buttons. Reserve Laguna Beach. It's trendy to alter lifestyles, ruin livelyhoods and take money directly out of the economy. Prop 8 sure had them (Laguna) in a frenzy.
I figured it would be a different crowd when I pulled in the parking lot. On Tuesday night in SD the parking lot was full of pickup trucks; many bearing kayak racks or Bloody Decks stickers. The parking lot at Aliso Creek had more Prius' than a Toyota dealership.

I heard a lot of talk about 'saving the ocean' from people whose only interaction with the ocean is looking at it from the deck of their hillside home. They wouldn't know if there was a thriving kelp forest or a sandy desert under the surface. They are so convinced of the moral superiority of their position they don't care about the consequences.