View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
What do the road show meetings try to accomplish? Public showcase and input?
Just saw BigJoe post this on the spearo site... Your attendence is needed at every possible date in your area, please attend.

Quote:
They will have sheets you can fill out to share your comments about the proposals as a whole or just certain areas where MPAs are proposed. These comments will be used as input to the people making the decisions on the MLPA process. It will be important that you attend and make constructive, polite, and specific comments on the areas you see on the proposals. I think we all agree by now that protected areas will be created, this is a good opportunity where you can ask questions, get information, and provide feedback on what is important to you as a user of the marine resource. Please go to these workshops recognizing they want to hear from you, they want to hear what areas that are important for your activities (extractive or not).

The information you write on the comment sheets will be compiled by staff and used to provide direction to the process directors (BRTF) and the people drawing those areas on the maps (RSG). If you see a proposal you can live with let them know and also if you see something you cannot tell them why.

I will be at the Carlsbad and Mission Bay workshops, and even though I am not an RSG member, hopefully I will be able to answer questions about External Proposal A the one FIN created. Other FIN members will attend the other workshops to do the same. Looking forward to a large turnout.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote