View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Gino

X-factors are a great boat. I own one now and currently looking to sell it soon.

X-factors have + and -, They are super stable, and have a good keel undernieth so they stay straight in the water when paddling. The front hatch is awsoem for stuffing a big halibut inthier without any trouble. They have decent storage. and surf launch and land pretty well.

The ugly things are they definately are slow. The back hatch on Older X-factors back hatch sits kinda low in the water line near the scepper holes. So if your a bigger dude, with a bait tank you possible could have a problem with water getting intot he back hatch. (im 300lbs 6'3 so it has been a small issue for me, witch is why im selling it) I only take on water maybe every 5th trip or so. And its hardly enough water to notice anything differant in the kayak. They are longer with more bottom keel. So they are much harder to turn. And are one of the heavier kayaks to move around (not a problem for a big guy)

X-Factors in general are an awsome kayak to get as your first boat. Very stable till you get your kayak legs and balance up!

If you have the pocket book, Look into the Stealth - 14 its basically an x-factor with a differant interior design and and a live bait tank made molded in. Very nice kayak!
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote