View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #74
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
I guess my point is there were groups and individuals that painted fishermen as ignorant people who want to kill all the fish and environment they live in. At least one speaker accused us of ruining the chances for our children to fish. Fishermen are not stupid, ignorant people, but what we seem to be is complacent and maybe even lazy. We are about to lose a lot with little justification but the large majority of us are just standing by unwilling to participate.

-the other Josh
Other Josh, very good to meet you, thank you for showing up. Great ponits, next time you are going to the podium!!! Raising these concerns about the science, and implementation of MLPA vis a vis its methodology needs to be communicated.

I think most kayakers are conscientious, and have a close tie to our environment, being inches from the water, we have an intimate relationship with the ocean, and it's ecology. One of the early PM shifters, once told me, "kayaking is like riding a bike through the neighborhood, you see so much more, than driving your car through it."

We need to show up, and show we are not the ignorant, "LEAVE MY FAVORITE FISHING HOLE OPEN," Fishermen, but thoughtful anglers, who have a connection, and vested interest in our fishery.

chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote