View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #25
THE DARKHORSE

No shortage of Yellowtail in La Jolla, Roger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
Kent and Josh,
I want you both to know that the YT was really my fish! Had I not gotten sea sick (FYI – 5 hour energy drinks and coffee don’t mix) Sunday, and a meeting on Monday morning, it would have been me in the picture with that damn YT lying across my lap and not Kent. I did learn that when sea sick, you really can sleep on an X-Factor! Thanks for letting me borrow your boat Josh…..Nice fish Kent.

"it would have been me in the picture with that damn YT lying across my lap and not Kent."

The fact of the matter is "that Yellowtail" was going to end up on Kent's deck either way. I made sure to switch his light action Badarka bass rod with a Seeker of mine. Then we ripped the old 20 lb mono off his Avet SX and put on some fresh 30 lb P-Line...the stage was set. This simply allowed my to relax when he hooked his fish. The hardest part of fishing is finding your target. The sour taste left in your mouth from losing fish to equipment failure is hard to swallow. Kent looked like an old pro and brought that fish to the surface in no time. All I can say is that if you were there you probably would have caught one too .