View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
Pescavore1

Changed my avatar..............to show off my new trophy

I changed my avatar. This is not the real reason for my post. The real reason is to show off my latest trophy (I fished on 1/20/09 but had to leave town for a week). I feel bad for such a late post so I needed a good excuse to share my experience . I also need to practice posting in case I catch a few more trophies this year. "Secret weapon"

After yo-yoing all day with no luck and the sun about to set, I wanted to start prepring my gear for the trip back. However, I did not want few precious minutes I had remaining to go to waste, so I decided to drop the jig half way down and hope for a miracle. After putting couple of things away in the hatch and go to grab a Red Bull for the long peddle back, I noticed a large arch on my fishfinder. I quickly put the Red Bull off to the side and drop my jig and it gets slammed on the drop. After less than 10 minutes with the aid of a 2-speed Avet, a new personal best is on deck (30# on spring scale calibrated with 30 lbs of dumbell). You know, I did not need that Red Bull for my hour long peddle back to the shore. Thanks Don for the motivation and Josh for everything else (too many to mention here).

By the way, my wife does not let me clean fish because I'm too messy in the kitchen. Below is her work.

Jay
Pescavore1 is offline   Reply With Quote