View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
steveooo

Confessions of a Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb View Post

I hear another guy has a story too!
Since no one else is confessing, I’ll share

First off, big thanks to Matt, who swore he'd get me on a T one day, even if he had to sell his first born.
Woke up at 3am to get to the shores at a decent hour. Met Andrew and John at the launch- Cool Peeps. Had a very ungraceful, cold and wet launch to wake me up. Skipped making bait and went straight out. Dropped a frozen squid on a dropper loop to the bottom and started the Yo-Yo game. On the second drop my Tady gets slammed about ten feet below the boat, on the drop. It hit so hard I got an immediate birds nest. As I was pulling out line I notice that my line is slack. As I notice that, out of the corner of my eye I see and hear a gray SPLASH behind me. I reel up the slack and get an immediate
After purposely (and unsuccessfully) chasing Thresher sharks for so long, I thought it was ironic that I hooked one almost right after I had given up hope of ever catching one, and made my peace with myself about it.

I had him to the boat the first time after about a minute. I saw he was mouth-hooked for an instant, before he took off deep into the abyss, almost pulling me over. The second time I got him near the boat he just stayed about ten feet below the yak, and seemed pretty content there.
When I thought he was tired enough I brought him up, grabbed my jig, and dispatched him fairly easy. The entire fight only lasted about 15 minutes. I put on a quick tail rope and peddled over to some ex-yakers on a PB to get my pic taken.

I think he was a perfect size. Not too big, but big enough to vacuum seal 54 individual size portions.

I will cook some up tonight, but you guys can feel free to kick me down with your best T- Shark recipes.

And of course, the video with the bumping soundtrack…

&ampnbsp
&ampnbsp

Last edited by steveooo; 12-28-2008 at 10:35 PM.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote