Thread: Hobie Defectors
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #34
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm H View Post
Paddling gives you bigger guns, guys.

Seriously, I would be concerned about a tow things with peddle power-
I have towed a tourist Sailboarder back to the Hilton in Mission Bay without any problem.
a) I can turn my Cobra Maurader on a dime and chase off in another direction -- like when birds start crashing 400 yars behind. A hobie has to make a big circle....
Maybe your talking about the Adventure, but certainly not the Revo, or Outback. They both turn good.
and I would challenge almost any peddler to beat most padders to the spot in a sprint like that.
When was the last time you sprinted up against a Revo, or Adventure with turbo finns ? The last time I tried was against a Scupper Pro and he lost the sprint.
b) How do you pack your rods into the dry hull on a tough day landing on a Hobie? Not possible...
You can load rods into the Revo more easily than the Adventure, but I usually don't do that. If its thumping and I think it may toss me I usually pull the reels and stow them in a dry bag. The rods stay leashed above deck.
and, if you do this enough, you will encounter a crash landing now and then.

Then there is the cost difference between the boats.
You get what you pay for. Hobie kayaks are strong boats with lots of versatility.

Comments?
Thats been my experience using them. Test drive an 09 Revo and you will see for yourself.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote